House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel signaled a House vote on the Armenian Genocide Resolution (H.Res.296) in addition to House consideration of hard-hitting sanctions against Turkey, following the Erdogan regime’s onslaught into northern Syria.
The House vote may come as early as the week of October 28th.
Take 60 seconds to urge the Trump Administration, your Senators and Representative to end U.S. complicity in Turkey's Armenian Genocide denial by adopting a permanent policy of U.S. remembrance of this crime while imposing the harshest possible sanctions against the Erdogan regime for their invasion of northern Syria.
With just a few clicks, you will be sending 5 letters:
1) Letters to President Trump and Vice-President Pence urging them to properly reference the Armenian Genocide as 'genocide'.
2) Letters to your two U.S. Senators and your Representative encouraging them to support passage of the Armenian Genocide Resolutions (S.Res.150 and H.Res.296) and the strongest possible sanctions against Turkey.
Our sample letter text will reflect whether your Senators or Representative have already publicly announced their support for the measures.
The House and Senate Armenian Genocide resolutions call for:
1) A permanent policy of U.S. remembrance and recognition of the Armenian Genocide.
2) An end to any and all U.S. complicity in Turkey's genocide denial
3) Education about the Armenian Genocide to help prevent future atrocities.
Simply fill in your name, address and email and click "load messages." You'll be able to review and personalize your letters before sending.
Then urge friends and family to join you in calling for a permanent U.S. policy on the Armenian Genocide by sharing this alert via Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.